Kaunas University of Technology, as a part of the Lithuanian and global system of research and studies, educates ethically responsible and civic-minded personalities, upholds, develops, and creates local and global cultural traditions. One of the missions of Kaunas University of Technology is the commitment to democracy; therefore, the Senate, as the supreme governing body of Kaunas University of Technology for academic affairs, condemns the brutal aggression by the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus against independent Ukraine and its citizens and addresses the academic community and the Lithuanian society by adopting the resolution to:
- Express solidarity with Ukraine and its heroic fight for freedom and the values of the democratic world;
- Consolidate with the social partners of Kaunas University of Technology in Lithuania and abroad who actively support the fight of Ukraine against the aggression of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus thus raising the fundamental democratic values above the welfare of our personal life with determination not to tolerate the war and its initiators;
- Invite to provide academic and social support to students, teachers, and researchers from Ukraine;
- Support the countermeasures of the institutions of the European Union and NATO against the aggressor countries;
- Urge the research, academic and cultural society of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus to call for resistance to war and appeal to the consciousness of their nations who, historically, always remain responsible for the crimes committed in their name;
- Urge to terminate the joint activities with the research, academic and cultural institutions of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus (projects, cooperation agreements, preparation of publications, participation in conferences, etc.).